Illinois Tractor Trailer Accidents
Examples of Driver Negligence
Driver negligence can be the cause of a tractor trailer accident in Illinois. In fact, across the US in 2007, tractor trailers were involved in over 57,000 accidents involving injury, with 4,584 of them resulting in death.
Here are examples of Illinois tractor trailer accidents:
- Two days after Christmas in 2008, a tractor trailer truck failed to slow in a construction zone, killing three people on Interstate Highway 39. A chain reaction occurred due to the truck driver falling asleep at the wheel. The driver then plowed into a car.
- A tractor trailer truck driver’s excess speed combined with slick road conditions caused the 18 wheeler to jackknife on the Kennedy Expressway, killing two innocent drivers and injuring one driver.
- On April 25, 2008, a tractor trailer driver lost control of his truck, and the truck slammed into a Chicago Transit Authority train station. The accident killed two women and injured 21 bystanders.
- A worker loading a tractor trailer truck was crushed and suffered life altering injuries when the truck, missing the required back-up alarms, backed up and crushed him between the loading dock and the truck.
Tractor Trailer Accident Attorney in Illinois
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Common causes of a tractor trailer accident in Chicago include:
- Driver negligence
- Improper maintenance of the tractor trailer
- Failure of the driver to follow federally mandated sleep laws
- Driver inexperience with Illinois weather conditions
In some accidents, where a driver is intoxicated, criminal charges can be filed charging the tractor trailer driver with negligent homicide.
If you have been injured in a tractor trailer accident in Illinois, or if your family has suffered the wrongful death of a loved one because of a tractor trailer accident we would like to help you receive just compensation.